Saturday, December 1, 2012

First Date, First Pictures!

Album links at the bottom of this post. 
The first visit to The Empty House Studio! 
Last night I packed my car with the essentials for a first date with the house:
1. Four old wooden folding chairs.
2. One huge beautiful piece of driftwood.
3. One tiny Christmas tree and lights. 
4. One travel easel and sketchbook.
5. One set of handmade ceramic bowls and glass goblets.
6. One handmade over-sized ruler. 

Driving into the neighborhood for the first time gave me excited goosebumps. There is a wide variety of architecture and twisty, angled streets. The little yellow house was just where the previous owners left it and the butterflies in my stomach multiplied as I pulled into the stoney driveway. 

I thrilled at the thought of putting the key in the lock for the first time and, wanting to capture the moment, pulled out the camera. The door wouldn't open! Oh no! Would I not be able to get in tonight?! 

Well, sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me. I used the wrong key. 

Once inside I made the necessary introductions. "Very nice to make your acquaintance, little house."

Searching for light switches and noticing the funny old house details, I'm not sure why I felt like I had to be quiet. There are nooks and crannies, tiny doors, odd angles, and great woodwork. 

First floor
Attic Stairs
Attic
Tiny Attic Door
A friend, C, met me there and helped me unload. She brought her mandolin and introduced EHS (Empty House Studio) to live Irish picking. This is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment